Mosquitoes are all the buzz as people are outdoors more in the summertime and susceptible to bites; however, summer is only the start of mosquito season and Permatox offers a monthly fogging treatment. The NPMA warns that these biting pests are just as active during the fall and to keep mosquito prevention top of mind. It's a common misconception that these pests simply die off once summer ends. Cases of the West Nile virus are reported across the country in both the summer and fall. If you want to enjoy your pool, patio deck, or yard without pesky mosquitoes, we have your solution. Taking simple measures to protect yourself from biting mosquitoes is more than worth it given the risk of contracting a mosquito-borne disease such at West Nile virus (WNV).
There are options for long term mosquito control on a regular monthly basis, to one-time treatments for any special events. In addition, your service professional will also advise of any conditions on your property that may be conducive to any mosquito breeding. Our trained professionals will provide superior service that results in a significant decline (75-85% or more) in mosquito populations.
Permatox Pest Control Inc. advises that anyone spending time outdoors-even after summer comes to a close- heed these six prevention tips:
1. Eliminate breeding grounds: Mosquitoes only need about 1/2 inch of water to breed. Eliminating areas of standing water around the home such as buckets, flowerpots, and baby pools can greatly reduce the number of mosquitoes in the area.
2. Adjust sprinklers: Prevent over-watering, which creates ideal conditions for mosquito breeding.
3. Protect the house: Screen all windows and doors, and repair tears in existing screens to prevent mosquitoes from getting inside.
4. Be aware of the time of day: Between dawn and dusk is peak time for mosquitoes. Minimize outside activity during those times to prevent bites.
5. Watch what you wear: Mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors and floral prints. Also, avoid wearing sweet-smelling perfumes and cologne.
6. Wear insect repellent: Apply a repellent that contains an EPA-registered active ingredient containing at least 10 percent DEET, picaridin when spending time outdoors, and reapply as directed on the label.
Call us at Permatox Pest Control Inc. 318.686.3044 or 318.747.9395 to schedule a free inspection and quote. We will always only recommend the service that we think best suits your situation or needs. With our service, your family can spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time worrying about the nuisance of mosquitoes. "Let Our Family take Care Of Your Family!"